Drive it to the edge baby!
LCDC is an application that displays information on your LCD or VFD screen. At present it is geared towards powering the Matrix Orbital products as these have some great features like GPO (General purpose outputs, that can be use to turn things on and off!) and Keypad connectivity.The number of things that LCDC can do is expandable by Plugins that add functionality to the application and hopefully new plugins will be added at various intervals to add even more functionality. Also the Delphi 5 source code for a blank plugin is available, so for the brave of heart you can add and write your own plugins!
Expandable by pluginsA plugin is a small program that adds a whole new range of events, actions and variables to LCDC (for a better explanation see here). Currently the plugins that are available are:-
- HOT – Hotkeys : Use keyboard combinations to perform any action available withing LCDC.
- MM5 – Motherboard Monitor 5 : A fantastic utility to report back all sorts of information about your pc including CPU temps, fan speed, voltages etc. This plugin lets you see all this information on your LCD/FVD screen.
- WA2 – Winamp 2 : An MP3 player and more, easy to use and this plugin can also change tracks, pause / stop and report back Winamp status as well.
- RRS – Rich Site Summary : More and more sites are introducing RSS information about there sites, this means that you can get for example the latest headlines from a site direct to your LCD screen.
- MUL – Multimedia : Basic control of the windows volume level, and the ability to play sounds.
- STI – MO boxSeti@Home : Reports back basic details of current progress and other information.
- SQT – Stock Quote Ticker : Watch stocks from all over the world direct on your LCD screen.
- TWC – Weather reports and forecasting.
- ZOO – Zoom Player
- ANI – Animated screens similare to blinken lights
- EVE – Everest stats monitoring
- FOO – Foobar
- …and more!